Duration: approx. 4 hours
Cost: variable group rate
This half-day program can be delivered in tandem with a group fit-testing session. Covers the proper use of respiratory protective equipment, fit-testing, and the requirements of a workplace respiratory protection program.
Respiratory Protection Programs have become increasingly popular in occupational health and safety due to the ongoing risks of exposure to chemical, biological and/or infections agents in the workplace.
Workers will learn how to properly select, use, and care for respirators to help ensure their safety against biological, chemical, or infectious agents.
This program outlines the suggested elements for Respiratory Protection Programs and strategies to implement a successful program.
Knowledge assessments conducted throughout this course are designed to reinforce the information presented. A score of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion.
This course covers the following topics:
- Respiratory protection legislation and standards
- Regulatory components of a Respiratory Protection Program
- Types of respiratory illnesses and hazards
- How to assess respiratory hazards
- Types of respirators, including air purifying and supplied air respirators
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Determine what respirator to select for what application
- Understand the fit testing process
- Correctly don and doff personal protective equipment
- Care for, inspect and properly store respirators
Certificate of completion:
Upon successful completion of the course, a certificate of completion will be received.